Friday, January 23, 2009

Hot Date or Not....

Today Scott had to work all day and I spent 8 hours on campus either in class or studying at the library... I know that's a shocker for all of you that know me, especially on a Friday! But after the long day we decided to go out on a date to get some r&r. little did we know that it'd be the most expensive date we've ever gone on....lets look at the math here.

Cafe Rio for two = $16
Movie tickets at the dollar theater for two = $3.75
Paying to get our car out of the towing lot that is across town = $more than I'm willing to tell$
Total: a lot of money!

Waiting in line at the towing place at 11pm on a dark scary street watching people in front of us threaten the tow man that they were going to drive their car through the fence because they already had a record and didn't care = I don't know if its priceless or not but it was sure scary!

Thank goodness Corbin was there to drive us around and help us get our car back. I did park illegally so I have no excuse but everyone else was doing it! AND it was a unloading and loading zone...I really don't think ShopKo was going to start unloading and loading up their stuff that late at night! Can't I have a little slap on the wrist for first offense!? I promise I won't ever do it again!! watching that much money go towards...learning a lesson? really hard to swallow!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Wow! That's a bummer. Sorry about that!

the Cardon's said...

I remember something happening to us in Provo. Craig had parked in my apartment complex parking lot to visit me (ohhhh, what a crime) and the car was towed because he wasn't a resident--maybe it's provo's way to discourage dating??