Thursday, February 26, 2009

Water Aerobics

My doctor strongly suggested that I stay active during my pregnancy and recommended that I find some type of work out. I started with walking but it got so BORING walking alone around the track on BYU around and around again; I knew that I needed to find something with a little more excitement. BYU offers classes for open public, students from other schools, etc. for a super low price. They have everything from Power Yoga to Kardio Fusion. I thought I'd try out Yoga first because I always wanted to get into it and my mom swears by it but after trying it out for one night and being squished between an old man with toe nails longer than a woman's tips and everyone else in the room I realized that this room was just a little too full for my comfort.

My neighbor, Chelsie, suggested we try the Kardio Fusion- the night we went was Kambo night (spelling? ) which was basically mixing salsa dancing with aerobics...after twenty mintues and realizing that things were jiggling and shaking where they shouldn't of been, I graciously stepped away into the night so embarrassed that so many people saw me trying to "shake it".

FINALLY a friend suggested water aerobics, I was hesitant at first because the first thing I thought of was old ladies and depends. The first time I went we were in the deep water and I LOVED IT!!! It gave me such a good work out and the next day my arms were so sore! I didn't have to worry about a thing...so here's to my new love! I heart water aerobics!!

No comments: