Monday, January 11, 2010

Mondays

Mondays are the worst days. Today was the worst Monday I've had in a long time. With the limited amount of sleep I got, losing my keys, leaving my lunch in the car to melt and having to drive two hours for a one hour class... I'm ready for the day to be done.

I should be writing lesson plans right now but obviously I'm not. I am supposed to have 65 days in the classroom and I start teaching next week. I'm still observing for this week and it has been a good experience so far. My biggest concern about this whole student teaching thing was leaving Benson. Luckily we have an amazing family who has helped out and so I always know he's in good hands. This week was so nice to get out of the house and do something that is my own thing but now that excitement is slowly dying and each day I miss Benson more and more... its only been one week.. it'll be okay.

at least that's what i keep telling myself. I wonder if he is going to be confused who his parents are now? what if one day I go into his crib to get him and he doesn't want me?

He's six months old now and is very aware of his surroundings...hopefully aware enough to remember who I am at the end of the day. 5 days down, 60 more to go.

4 comments:

Lori said...

I'm sorry you had a rough day! It's okay if you make a chain to count down the days. And don't worry, Benson loves you and will remember you.

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Student teaching. Those were the days. I wish you luck - it'll be over before you know it!

michael. mindy. dane. said...

I am worried about this same thing when I go back to work after having my baby. What if we don't bond as much as we would if I stayed home, ya know? Lucky for you it is only temporary! Good luck with student teaching! I can't believe you have to do 65 days! I only had to do 50. Weird!

Green River High School said...

You'll do great and Benson will most definitely remember his Mom :)
I hate Mondays too.
You Can Do It!!!