Thursday, February 11, 2010

Student Teaching


I started a few weeks ago teaching World History and Government at Cottonwood High School. I will be there till the beginning of April. I know this dates me but high school has definitely changed over the last 10 years! I enjoy my Government classes a lot and actually get excited to go and teach. Unfortunately i can't say that about the 10th graders...its an endurance race with them.

Great things I've learned from student teaching so far:
- Kids can give you germs just by looking at them (I'm going on my third cold so far!)

- Cell phone and ipods are more important than anything else in the whole world to a 10th grader

- ALL high school-ers have a hearing impairment...you have to repeat yourself at least three times for them to hear you or understand the words that come out of your mouth.

- Students will lie about anything to get out class so they can walk the halls...which is way more interesting than sitting in class...those high school halls are just so much fun

- Lastly - high school girls can be nasty, hormonal and ravishing brats.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Hahaha I am noticing many of these same things at the high school I work at. I do not remember high school being quite like that when I was that age!