Thursday, March 11, 2010

Confessions of a single mom

Scott is away for business for two weeks. I'm on my 5th day of being a single parent and although we have avoided going to the ER, I can't say that its been going smoothly...

There must be a study somewhere that when you are around high schoolers, you lose brain cells...it has to be a fact.

yesterday i was cutting up some strawberrys for Benson and the water on the stove started to boil over, so i quickly got up to turn it off and after a few mintues i heard benson banging something on his highchair. I look over and i had left the steak knife that i was cutting the strawberrys with on his highchair! he was banging it around... luckly he grabbed it at the right end.

HOW COULD I LEAVE A STEAK KNIFE ON HIS HIGH CHAIR?!

So my coping mechanisms with being a single parent and having to start every morning at 5am and end it up 11pm includes:

- Diet Coke for breakfast
- Eating Girl Scout cookies for lunch
- Edema-me for dinner
-allowing Benson to play in the bath for 30 minutes or longer
- allowing Benson to play with our laptop as he pulls the buttons off (Don't worry its my parents old one)
- bribing him with TV and puffed snacks so i can finish my work.


Here's to my respect to all those single parents out there - I dont know how you do it but you are amazing!!

1 comment:

Alison said...

It's okay! I bribe Soren with the puffs too! I put a big pile of them on a plate in the middle of the floor with a bunch of toys when I need him to be independent for a half hour or so. Always works. I'd love to hang out with you tomorrow or anytime next week. Let me know! I am sad you can't come to SG with us this weekend. :(