Friday, April 16, 2010

fabric, yards, and needles


Scott got me a sewing machine for Christmas. Today is the day that I'm actually going to pull it out and attempt to thread it and use it - to make curtains.

The first time I used a sewing machine was when I was in High School. I had to do a project for Young Womens but after 30 minutes of trying to hem some fabric, my Mom took over - The fear was in her eyes- having the same sewing machine for years, she wasn't about to let it be destroyed by her teenage daughter. Since then I have attempted to use a sewing machine, but it normally ended up with the owner of the sewing machine taking over for me.

So this day may the blessings of the sew masters fall upon me and that the sewing machine will make it through this day.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I know how you feel! I got a sewing machine for Christmas too and I'm just getting around to using it. If anything goes wrong I have to figure it out because there's no one to help me... so it's forcing me to learn!

Oh, and that would be really fun if you came out here with Lori. Come any time!