Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Hunger Games


Way back in April I had a friend recommend me some summer readings. I love reading all kinds of books, but for summer I really like easy reads or ones that are just for fun. When I went to the library to check out the books she recommended, one of them - The Hunger Games- had a waiting list of over 100 people, I went ahead and signed up for it and never thought about it till the library called me yesterday and said it was ready to pick up. I started reading it yesterday and finished today around noon (Scott has been at work all day and its been down pouring all morning, what else is a girl to do!?)

The book was really good- I don't know why I liked it soo much, partly because of how easy it was to believe the characters, the style of writing the author has and the fact that it has romance but the good kind- you know, the kind that makes you think of the one person you love, the real deal and that it had enough action and twists to make a it a page turner.

I would recommend it to everyone, but there is a catch that made me pretty mad at the very end of the book- ITS A TRILOGY! and the next one doesn't come out till Sept. 1st! I almost started crying when the book ended by saying "end of book I"... I HATE waiting for books to come out.
So read the book as long as you dont mind waiting, but if you do- Don't read it! it'll just kill you!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I know, it's fantastic, huh?!?!?

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you read it too! Stupid having to wait for books to come out...