Monday, June 22, 2009

June is for waiting

There has been a lot of waiting going on the past few weeks, hence the lack of exciting posts. Waiting for 7 peaks to open (finally, it has!), waiting for this baby to come- I'm now at 37 weeks and feel like if he gets any bigger i'm going to pop, and waiting to hear back from jobs..

In a quick summary, Scott graduated in April and has been looking for a job, he got an interview in the same town as where my parents live in NC with a management training program with Enterprise rental car. He got another interview in D.C. with revolution cycle, which is a bike company whose clients include secret service, the president and other government officials.

Both interviews went very well, and seemed very interested in Scott. There are a lot of advantages and disadvantages to each one, which I won't go into because they are pretty lengthy. We're just waiting to hear back and applying for more jobs out East and in the area.

I did find a job where I can work from home, which is very exciting for us that I will be able to work and be at home with the baby.

We went to one of those classes that the hospital offers and even though it was very long (6 hours!) it was very helpful. I think we have most everything ready for the baby, at least the basics. I'm starting to get really excited for him to come and not to be pregnant anymore!



5 comments:

Joy in the Journey said...

That's exciting news about the possible jobs. I hope one of them works out for you guys.

Alison said...

I know what you mean by waiting! you guys are in quite the lingo, but hopefully the baby will come soon and progress will be made on the job front. hang in there!

michael. mindy. dane. said...

I feel like a stalker because I'm always commenting on your blog and tracking you down on Facebook, but I just love you! Have I told you that I LOVE the pic of you guys at the top of your blog? So cute. You look really really pretty. I'm also just excited for you to have a baby. I get excited for other people to have babies--I guess I'm living through them so I don't have to do it myself. haha! Anyway, what is the job you're going to be doing from home??

The Proctors said...

I though you were student teaching in the fall? I am also interested in the job you are doing from home...

Green River High School said...

Please tell me you're just a little bigger than last time. It's not fair you look sooo good!!! I can't wait for you guys and everything that lies ahead. PS we need to coordinate a time to bring you your baby shower present. I feel terrible you still don't have it. I suck.