Sunday, April 3, 2011

Welcome to New Orleans




So lets be honest, when I don't blog for awhile, it normally means that I'm having a hard time with life and I would rather keep my troubles and trials and struggles in my personal life rather than sharing them with the whole world.

Many people know that we moved to Minnesota for the training part of Scott's job and that we were told within six months we'd be assigned a store to manager. Starting in October we started hearing rumors that we'd be moving before the holidays, and then it was we'd move by the end of last year and then it was by the end of February and then it was the end of April or sometime in May and then it was "You're moving in March to St. Louis" and then three days later it was "No, you aren't moving yet" and then two weeks later it was "You're moving to New Orleans and we need you there in a week".

So for the last few months we have been on edge waiting to hear where we will move and when. This has caused some struggles for us and especially me, because I have had no clue where I would deliver this baby until I was 36 weeks pregnant.

Now we know, and we have moved and Scott has started him job. I finally unpacked the last box this last week and we have (I think) Everything ready for this baby. I found a doctor, a hospital, We've started going to our new ward and I've even had a chance to meet our new neighbors.

We are really enjoying the warm weather, the fresh oranges from the orange trees from our backyard, and i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE seeing green grass.

This is from our second day in being in New Orleans...yes, that is the street I was driving on...I soon will be a professional at driving in 3 feet of snow AND 3 feet of water. We must be destined to live in extreme weather conditions.

5 comments:

michael. mindy. dane. said...

sounds crazy! glad you're settled and ready for the baby :)

Danielle said...

Oh my gosh....I can't even say anything. Bless you're heart. We need to chatt it up soon. Seriously I sometimes wonder how you do what you do.

Joy in the Journey said...

That's crazy! I can see how that was hard for you. I don't think I would take it like a champ with all the things you needed to get situated. Can't wait to see pictures of the new baby.

LBB said...

You are a real trooper! But think of the stories you'll have to tell your kids when they start complaining about silly little things. This moving experience is right up there with walking to school up hill both ways in the winter. Looking forward to hearing about the new baby.

Aunt Lynnette

Megan said...

holy moly...insanity. You've got to feel like you can do just about anything after going through all that. Good luck with the new baby boy! Can't wait to see pictures!