Monday, April 4, 2011

Chicken Lickin

The last few weeks, dinners in our house have been the same 10 recipes over and over. I don't know why but I hit what I like to call a "Blah" phase...nothing sounds good to cook or eat and I would rather have cold cereal or oatmeal than make dinner. I have been trying to get out of this rut for some time and may have succeeded tonight. Chicken is a staple in our home and so I was glad to find a recipe that was new and had chicken as an ingredient. You should try this recipe I found on myrecipes.com

Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Sandwiches



Ingredients

  • 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • Cooking spray
  • 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
  • 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices fresh pineapple
  • 4 (1.5-ounce) whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted (I used hawaiin sweet rolls)
  • Light mayonnaise (optional)
  • 4 large basil leaves

Preparation

1. Prepare grill.

2. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done, brushing occasionally with lime juice. Grill pineapple 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned.

3. Spread mayonnaise on bottom halves of buns, if desired. Top each with 1 chicken breast half, 1 pineapple slice, 1 basil leaf, and 1 bun top. Serve immediately.

3 comments:

michael. mindy. dane. said...

looks yummy! not to be all look-at-my-blog or anything, but you can check out our recipe blog if you need new ideas :)

howetocook.blogspot.com

Alison said...

Grilled ALWAYS sounds good - especially pineapple! You have me drooling.

Scott & Gini Berrett said...

Mindy- I totally spaced that you've got a recipe blog...it just made my day!