Tuesday, April 19, 2011

And then there was four...



We are so happy to introduce Henry David Berrett to the Berrett family. He joined us April 9th at 10am. He weighed in at 8 pounds 10 ounces and 20.5 inches long.

The morning he was born, I started having contractions when I woke up and started to get ready to go to the hospital. I told Scott to take his time and shower because they weren't super close and I felt like things wouldn't go very fast. An hour later I really regretted taking our time. We showed up at the hospital at 8am and I was very paranoid they would send me home because I wasn't dilated. she checked me and said I was at a 6- I then asked for an epidural asap- which didn't happen very asap if you ask me.

I think (from what I remember) I didn't get it till after 9am which is a very long time when you are in labor and feeling labor pains. Poor Scott got the brunt of the labor pains...and his hand- I was holding it so tight, you'd think I'd of bruised it.

As soon as I got the epidural they broke my water, had me push four times and little Henry arrived. It all happened very fast but everyone is doing well.

Benson is interested in his brother sometimes but most of the time he goes about his business. Having two kids keeps me on my toes and there are DEFINITELY more diapers to change but I love these boys and am SOO glad not to pregnant anymore!




7 comments:

Joy in the Journey said...

Congrats! He's precious and I love the name.

Danielle said...

Oh my gosh I feel like yesterday we were in school and I was buying you "preggie pops" I am dead serious about coming to visit someday. Congratulations!!!

Alicia said...

Congratulations! Your family is so cute!

Megan said...

he's adorable, and sounds like a great labor and delivery. Your boys are perfect!

Tara said...

Congratulations!!

Heather said...

Congratulations! He's so cute! I'm glad that everything went well with labor and delivery.

LBB said...

That last picture of Benson and Henry is priceless! Glad he's here, and I love the name. Enjoy!

Aunt Lynnette