Sunday, April 20, 2008

Trek Demo Daze

So, as many of you may know, I enjoy mountain biking. I really, really enjoy it. Yesterday I took a break from taking a break from studying and decided to head out to Lambert Park near Alpine, UT to do some morning biking.

I loaded everything up in the car and drove out. I got to Lambert Part around 10:30. I was out on the trail by 10:35 and just 5 pedal strokes later I snapped my chain. This was the 3rd time in less than a month that I've broken this chain. I was frustrated. I coasted back to the car and was packing everything up when 2 guys on really nice Trek bikes approached me and asked me how to get to a near by parking lot. I chatted with them for a moment and they informed me that the Trek Factory people were up at the next parking lot with a trailor full of bikes to let people take out and demo! This was music to my ears! Not only would I still be able to ride, I could do it on some sweet bikes and not have to worry about breaking any more chains.

I drove up to the parking lot, and got all signed up. I won't bore you all with the details of the bikes I rode or how they compared to each other. But it suficeth me to say that they were good. I added up the prices on the 4 bikes I rode; it was a total of $13.906.

I rode for about 2 hours. I think I covered between 20-25 miles. It was incredible! Here are a couple of the bikes I rode.

Trek 69er 3x9 (~$1,800) This one was my favorite

Trek 69er Single Speed (~$2,300)Trek Fuel EX 9 (~$3,400)
Trek Fuel EX 9.5 (~$6,200) This thing was incredible!

2 comments:

todd said...

Ummm - wouldn't taking a break from taking a break from studying mean that you were actually studying? That's unpossible! This blog is losing credibility . . .

Driel said...

Wow! Those are quite the price tags. It is nice to be able to use nice stuff. You really do get what you pay for.