Saturday, April 4, 2009

Addiction

You know those things in your home that you can't seem to let go of? Things that you want to keep 'just in case' you'll use them? and even when you buy replacements for them, you can't throw away the old ones? For my grandma it was National Geographic magazines, we found some from the 20's last time we went through them. and books...well, just about anything but she grew up in the depression so she has an excuse.

For my mom- its those little butter knifes with the cute ends of seashells, ducks, designs, etc. She can't stop buying them.My little sister, Maddie, its trinkets... when we took her to Chinatown in NYC it was like taking a cat to a room full of catnip- she went crazy.

This morning I went through my make up bag and realized for me its...Mascara.


I counted a total 8- some I've had for since we got married but every time i try to throw them away, I just can't! Today I took a big step- I threw away two of them. Now I need to replace them though and although I'm in love with MAC, our budget isn't. If anyone has any suggestions for good mascara..please! let me know!

3 comments:

Heather Singleton said...

hrm, that's hard...I use MAC too and yes, way expensive...good luck finding something different! How are you feeling anyways!?!?! I WANNA SEE THE BELLY!!

Green River High School said...

Good girl. I have a personal FAV that I love.... it's Maybeline mascara in the silver tube - curved brush. Black. Ahhh, I think it's called volume express or something hip like that. I've used it for years. No clumps, no globs, long, beautiful lashes :)

Katie said...

Okay, so this is a delayed response, but my favorite mascara is Colossal from Maybelline, and it's half off at Smith's this week! So like $3 or $4! Woo!