Wednesday, July 7, 2010

belated fathers day


While we were visiting my parents, Benson discovered his best friend was my dad. My dad is a professor and so has some extra time in the summer. The days when Benson would start to drive me crazy, my dad would take him out to the hammock and they would sit there and just spend time together. Their other favorite thing to do while at the beach was to sit on the porch that faced the bay and watch the birds fly around.

When we were growing up a lot of our vacations were at a beach and the best thing about the beach to us when we were kids, was boogie boarding. We would spend hours trying to ride in the surf. My dad would go out there with us to help and to celebrate when we got "the perfect one". It had been years since the last time i boarded but this trip to the beach, one afternoon me and my dad went out and caught some great waves. It was so much fun and although his brown hair is now gray and his wrinkles are becoming more and more familiar through his face, he's still my dad and he still knows how to catch "the perfect one".

We were away in North Carolina for Scott's first Fathers day (yes, i know- it probably wasn't the best idea to leave my husband alone on his first fathers day). We missed him terribly and the night that we got home, Benson was so excited to see his dad that he didn't want anyone else to hold him. Since we've been home and over the three day weekend, Scott has been able to catch up on some playtime with Benson and he loves it. Scott is a great example to Benson and we are so lucky to have him in our lives.

Scott is a great dad and husband, we're so glad to be back home with him!

No comments: