Monday, July 19, 2010

Motherhood: An Eternal Partnership with God

“We hold in our arms the rising generation. They come to this earth with important responsibilities and great spiritual capacities. We cannot be casual in how we prepare them. Our challenge as parents and teachers is not to create a spiritual core in their souls but rather to fan the flame of their spiritual core already aglow with the fire of their premortal faith.”

the last few months have been really hard on me. being home is not as easy as i once imagined and dreamed. i was so excited to be home with my child once i was done with school and my husbands job settle down. Ive had this image since i was a little girl what a mom's life was like, and in this image, it was great.

life is great for being a stay at home mom but its nothing to sneeze at. watching my girlfriends who don't have kids yet accomplish things that seem so much more important than dusting, changing diapers and playing peek a boo. they are out fulfilling careers, traveling the world and furthering their education.

I've felt like what I've been doing at home is not important and has little meaning in the scheme of life. Ive thought on occasion that this life is maybe not what I want and that its not fulfilling. That i'm not good at it and I shouldn't of chosen this path. But then I realized that when you try something for the first time in your life, when do you ever just get the hang of it on the first day? Grant it, there are those women out there that as soon as that baby pops out look like they've been a mother their whole life. I'm not like that.

I've had to start making goals for myself and thinking about what things I want to fill my time and life with. Between the several emotional breakdowns to spending my hours with self pity I'm finally learning a little bit more about my role here at home. I saw this video today and it really put things into perspective...



2 comments:

Paige Taylor Evans said...

It's funny how the grass is always greener on the other side. I'm so looking forward to when our baby is born and I get to stay at home and not go to work anymore. But I'm sure as soon as that day comes I'll be wanting to get back out of the house. Thanks for sharing the video, it's really great.

Danielle said...

Virginia....Oh my gosh sometimes we are so alike I cant handle it. I think one must always want what they can't have because right now I feel the exact opposite. Thanks for the texts the other day....keep in touch your defiantly missed in my life.