Sunday, July 11, 2010

The trip to D.C.



While out on our east coast trip, we drove up to Richmond to see my sister and spend the weekend and then we went to D.C. to see my brother and his family. They just had a new baby and it was so fun to see my new niece! I forgot how small newborns are! We also were planning on visiting my girlfriend from high school but the day that we were going to head over there she called and said her little girl got the croup. As much as I wanted to see her, I didn't want to have to risk Benson getting the same thing. So we ended our trip early and headed home.

The hard part of the trip was when we stayed with my parents friends and Benson was out of his schedule and screamed the first half of the night, and when the a/c in the car broke and it was 100% humidity in 95 degree weather and when the car suddenly died on 395 while everyone around is going 70mph.

We did stop by and see the Washington monument and went to the American History Museum. One of my favorite parts was the first ladies dressed. This one below is Abe Lincoln's wifes dress and then below that is Michelle Obama. The dresses were gorgeous.

They also had a child station me and Benson stopped by and played with the blocks and toys for a bit.
We went and saw Julia Child's kitchen, it was really interesting. I think I'm going to have this quote put up somewhere in my house to remind me that i should have a good time because that picture below of Julia is not the same expression i have on my face every time i make dinner, just ask Scott.

No comments: